How long does the intro course take to complete?
As long as you like. Each of the three videos lasts about 10 minutes. The Introductory and Certificate Courses are completely self-paced.
What's so special about this course?
Firstly, instead of following a particular school of thought, we follow the Science of Happiness as it unfolds. For example, this year, major systematic reviews indicate that:
- Regular, mixed physical exercise generates large quantities of the brain growth hormone BDNF, which protects against both depression and neurodegeneration.
- Walking through rural or urban forested areas, for only 15 mins, alleviates both depression and anxiety
Secondly, our material is drawn from the natural sciences (it covers topics such as "food and mood," sleeping habits, exercise, etc) as well as modern psychology, including Positive Psychology.
How can I benefit from this course?
- 76% of students who practice only one of the "habits of happy people" described in the course, report feeling happier.
- About 50% of our students take the Proficiency Course to improve their personal wellbeing and find relief from depression.
- About 25% of our students are mental health professionals, including counselors, psychologists, nurses, and life coaches, seeking online training on wellbeing and depression prevention.
- The provision of curricula and courses on mental health in schools is a top priority. About 25% of our students are K-12 and university educators.